What You Will Learn
State education agencies, county/regional offices of education, districts, and schools will learn:
- How their special education services and programs compare to state averages and similar education agencies
- How academic achievement for their students with disabilities compares to state averages and similar education agencies
- How their risk for compliance and/or litigation compare to state averages and similar education agencies
- How their personnel and budget allocations compare to state averages and similar education agencies
- Evidence-based recommendations specifically designed to address their program’s identified needs for improvements to their programs and services
- How to create and implement action plans for improving their services and supporting better outcomes for students with disabilities
Who Will Benefit
Education service agencies desiring a comprehensive review of data along with recommendations for improvement of the services and programs offered to students receiving special education, including:
- State Education Agencies
- County/Regional Offices of Education
- Districts and Schools
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
WestEd’s Center for Prevention & Early Intervention staff will conduct a comprehensive data collection process in which we will review all aspects of special education services data and across selected comparison states, districts, or schools.
Specifically, we will conduct:
- On-site data collection that includes classroom observations, interviews, focus groups, and a review of Individualized Education Programs
- Off-site data collection and analysis that includes online surveys and comparative data on student achievement, risk for compliance and/or litigation, and personnel and budget allocations
You will receive a detailed report with findings and recommendations for improvement.
A formal presentation of the findings and recommendations will be offered to the governing board if desired.
Timeline and costs will depend on the specific requirements identified by the client.