Principal talent is essential to Utah’s communities, and central office administrators across our state are working to attract and retain the best principals. Principal supervision is one way central office administrators support local leadership practice, sustain mutual accountability, and foster leadership learning. Building upon research, Utah supervisors are using new techniques, tools, and practices to coach current leaders and build a bench of future school leaders.
The Utah Principal Supervisors’ Academy (UPSA) provides hybrid learning experiences and networking opportunities to central office administrators and charter management organization members responsible for coaching and evaluating principals while advancing principal pipeline supports. UPSA provides:
- Standards-driven content;
- Networking opportunities with principal supervisors across the state;
- Coaching and evaluation training;
- Tools and techniques developed by Utah supervisors and others
The Utah State Board of Education is partnering with WestEd and the University of Utah’s Utah Education Policy Center to provide UPSA at no charge to individuals or local education agencies who supervise principals.
- Leading for Learning Institute: September 23, 2022
- Regional cohort learning sessions: October 2022 through June 2023
- Statewide Supervisor Institute: June 23, 2023