Date: July 28, 2021
Time: 6 a.m.-1 p.m. (Pacific) / 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Eastern)
Join WestEd at our Culturally Responsive Instructional Strategies (CRIS) Summer Institute. This virtual professional learning opportunity is designed to develop school-based staff awareness on culturally responsive teaching and principles of brain-based learning.
What You Will Learn
In this session, participants will:
- Examine how culture, implicit bias, and mindsets affect teaching and learning
- Discover how establishing trust with students is critical to creating safe and supportive learning environments
- Understand how culturally responsive teaching used in tandem with brain-based learning promote high performing learning environments
- Design an action plan that includes indicators of success to measure impact on student learning
- Bejanae Kareem, Program Associate, Talent Development and Diversity, WestEd
- Cindy Caldwell, Program Associate, Talent Development and Diversity, WestEd
Registration deadline: July, 16, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact Joseph Mosley at jmosley@WestEd.org.