A Research Agenda for Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Education in Mathematics: Essential Directions, Methodological Approaches, and Guiding Principles
While there has been an increasing amount of research over the last three decades on what culturally responsive and sustaining education (CRSE) in mathematics looks like and why it matters, less is known about how to implement CRSE sustainably and at scale.
In this report, the authors raise critical questions and offer essential directions, methodological approaches, and guiding principles for CRSE research that can promote and support the implementation of CRSE in mathematics.
The topics explored in this report include:
- reframing outcomes of CRSE in mathematics;
- building mathematics teachers’ capacity to enact CRSE;
- co-designing CRSE with families and communities;
- developing organizational processes to support CRSE;
- prioritizing methodological approaches for advancing CRSE;
- establishing guiding principles for CRSE research;
- detailing data and analytic approaches for CRSE research; and
- charting opportunities for CRSE research.
Product InformationCopyright: 2023
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.