S2 Coming Soon: All new episodes of Budgeting for Educational Equity
Host Jason Willis provides a quick update on our upcoming new season. Plus, we replay our initial episode featuring several guests as a way to re-establish the context for the new episodes and help you get your “resource equity bearings.”
In this first episode, Jason welcomes several guests to help you get your resource equity bearings as the series commences. Speakers include:
- Christopher Edley, Jr., Interim Dean, U.C. Berkeley Graduate School of Education, and Co-founder and President Emeritus, The Opportunity Institute
- Maria Echaveste, J.D., President and CEO, The Opportunity Institute; and former White House Deputy Chief of Staff
- JayneChristakos, former Chief Business Officer, San Bernardino City Unified School District
- Marguerite Williams, Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services, Adelanto Elementary SchoolDistrict
- Adela Madrigal Jones, Superintendent, Sanger Unified School District; and former Senior Director of Equity and Diversity, Association of California SchoolAdministrators (ACSA)
- Michael Kirst, Professor Emeritus, Graduate School of Education, Stanford University; and past President, California State Board of Education
Publisher: WestEd and the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO)
In this first episode, Jason Wllis welcomes several guests to help you get your resource equity bearings as the series commences.
Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast Series S1E2: It Starts With Data and Listening to the System – Practical Ways to Approach Equitable Resource Allocation From the CBO's Seat
This episode veteran school district Chief Business Officer Jayne Christakos and offers practical insights into education equity and resource allocation and suggests how educators can get started.
Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast Series S1E3: Collaborating and Planning for Change – More Resource Equity Learnings From a School District Leader Advancing the Work
In this episode, Sanger Unified School District Superintendent Adela Madrigal Jones shares her district’s approach to advancing equity.