What You Will Learn
Join a community of learners and network with peers as you:
- Engage in effective home visiting practices
- Enhance your ability to build and sustain strong alliances with children and their families
- Build your knowledge of child development
- Work more effectively with families to support their children’s development
- Increase reflective practice at all levels of the organization
- Develop strategies for self-care
- Deepen understanding of culturally sensitive practices
- Engage in practices that build upon family strengths
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
Who Will Benefit
- Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Directors, Managers, and Supervisors
- Home Visitors, including nurses and social workers
- Individuals responsible for the professional development of home visitors
Each institute* comprises 10 seminars focused on improving the quality and effectiveness of home visiting services*:
- Getting Started: Meeting Families Where They Are
- Relationships Matter to Babies and Their Families
- Cultural Humility: The Process of Family Engagement
- Reflective Practice, Self-Awareness, and Self-Care
- The Art of Reflective Conversation
- Risk and Resilience in the Community, Family, and Child
- Early Brain Development and Responsive Relationships
- Developmentally Appropriate Guidance and Discipline
- Facilitating Parent Understanding of Infant and Toddler Development
You can also select additional topics that are customized to meet your training needs. In addition, our professional development provides the opportunity for you to earn academic units or continuing education units.
- On-site training (up to 2 seminars per day) with flexible dates are available for groups of up to 35 people.
* Number of days vary depending on institute. Institutes range from 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, to one week. See Cost section below.
Visit the PITC Approach to Home Visiting page for upcoming training dates.
What Makes This Service Unique
All of our PITC Home Visiting Faculty have deep understanding of the challenges home visiting professionals face when working with families.
PITC Home Visiting Institute Sessions and Customized Seminars are designed to provide participants with skills foundational to effective home visiting.
1-Day, on-site workshop* for up to 35 participants: Approximately $8,000** (Includes tuition & training materials)
2-Day, on-site workshop* for up to 35 participants: Approximately $16,000** (includes tuition & training materials)
3-Day, on-site workshop* for up to 35 participants: Approximately $24,000** (includes tuition & training materials)
Week-Long PITC Home Visiting Institute***: $3,400 per participant (includes tuition, accommodations [double-room occupancy], some meals, and training materials)
* Select 2 seminars per day of training (i.e., 1-Day Workshop – 2 seminars; 2-Day Workshop – 4 seminars; 3-Day workshop – 6 seminars).
** Cost of training varies slightly based on location.
*** Offered approximately once per year – Visit the PITC Approach to Home Visiting page for calendar of events.
To bring a PITC Home Visiting Institute or customized training to you, please contact Keiko Tahara at email@example.com.
Stay up to date with the latest WestEd news, events, research, and leading voices to support your commitment to improving learning, healthy development, and equity in schools and communities.