Please join us for our second virtual Summer Math Institute, Open Math Tasks, Learning Recovery, and Fulfilling the Promise of the New California Math Framework.
Date: July 26-29, 2021 (Monday-Thursday)
What is the focus?
WSVMI’s online Summer Math Institute will address topics that are top of mind for teachers and leaders as they navigate the return to in-person or hybrid math instruction, including:
- What are the most effective, research-supported strategies for supporting students’ math learning recovery?
- How can open math tasks be used to support rigorous math learning recovery that balances procedural fluency, conceptual understanding, and problem-solving skills?
- What is in the newly revised California Math Framework, and how can we ensure alignment with 2021-2022 learning recovery plans?
What is the time commitment?
Participants should plan for:
- 1-2 hours of offline pre-work before the Summer Institute
- 2 hours of interactive online activities each morning with WestEd facilitators and fellow participants
- 1-2 hours each day of interactive online time with a small breakout group (to be scheduled by the small group)
- 1 hour each day of offline, individual work between sessions (follow-up work & prep for the next session)
Who can attend?
The 2021 Summer Math Institute is open to all 2020-2021 WSVMI Math Network members.
Membership in the WestEd/SVMI Mathematics Network is open to all schools and districts in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties.
If you would like to attend, please contact us for more information about how your school or district can join the Network or visit svmi.wested.org to apply for membership.
What is the cost to attend?
The enrollment fee is $200 per participant for our 2021-2022 WSVMI member schools and districts.
Bonus: Receive one free seat for every four seats in your district team.
If you are interested in becoming a WSVMI member, please visit https://svmi.wested.org/become-a-member