Math Pathways & Pitfalls—Percents, Ratios, and Proportions with Algebra Readiness: Lessons and Teaching Manual, Grade 6–8
This volume of Math Pathways & Pitfalls K–8 curriculum helps students tackle stubborn pitfalls head-on and transform them into pathways for learning key standards for grades 6–8. The lessons in this book address percents, ratios, and proportions interwoven with algebraic reasoning. In rigorous research studies, Math Pathways & Pitfalls significantly increased student achievement for diverse students, including for English learners, in all grades tested.
Math Pathways & Pitfalls lessons and instructional strategies:
- Help students master key mathematical standards
- Include concepts important for algebra readiness
- Provide students with guided and independent practice
- Support academic language development
- Add value to any adopted curriculum
- Prevent common pitfalls on homework and standardized assessments
This all-in-one book contains everything a teacher needs to teach Math Pathways & Pitfalls with ease and success:
- 22 complete lessons
- Teaching manual
- Videos of Math Pathways & Pitfalls in action
- Black line masters of student handouts, classroom quizzes with answer keys, and resources
- Discussion Builders classroom poster
- Teacher professional development tasks, activities, and video footage
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.