School Climate Improvement Toolkit
A growing body of research identifies school climate as an important aspect of students’ education experience and one that, when positive, can be a factor in improving academic achievement results.
Many schools, districts, and other education agencies understand how to effectively build and implement academic improvement plans, but many do not have the same tools and/or expertise when it comes to creating effective school climate improvement plans.
The School Climate Improvement Toolkit, produced by the School Climate Alliance at REL West, is designed to help schools, districts, and other education agencies develop a detailed and focused plan for carrying out and monitoring school climate improvement efforts.
The kit is organized into the following five modules, with several activities in each one:
- Exploring School Climate Services/Activities/Programs for Potential Impact
- Defining the Rationale for the High-Leverage Activity
- Defining Successful Implementation of High-Leverage Activities
- Identifying Data/Metrics to Measure High-Leverage Activity Outcomes
- Aligning Implementation and Outcomes
A separate document offers specific guidance and worksheets for team facilitators.
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.