Doing What Works: Improving K-3 Reading Comprehension
Available for download only.
This free package contains all the materials you will need to conduct four two-hour professional development sessions on implementing Doing What Works (DWW) K-3 Reading Comprehension practices:
- Module 1: Overview of DWW and K-3 Reading Comprehension
- Module 2: Teach Comprehension Strategies to Beginning Readers
- Module 3: Focus on Text Structure to Support Comprehension
- Module 4: Engage Students with Text: Motivate and Guide Discussion
The four modules are appropriate for:
- Professional development and technical assistance providers
- Principals and reading specialists
- Teacher leaders and coaches
- Classroom teachers
Additional DWW Professional Development Packages:
- Using Student Achievement Data to Support Instructional Decision Making
- Adolescent Literacy
- Increased Learning Time
- Research-Based Practices for Secondary School
- Connecting the Dots
- Research-Based Practices for K-6 Mathematics
- Teaching Elementary School Students to Be Effective Writers
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will begin after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.