What You Will Learn
Download the APTT brochure for detailed information.
Our professional development and technical assistance services prepare educators to transform the way families participate in advancing their child’s learning.
As a participating educator, you will explore up-to-date research on family engagement and apply evidence-based practices in the classroom with families. You also will gain the confidence and skills to cultivate genuine relationships with families and engage them as true partners in their child’s academic and personal success. Specifically, you will:
- Integrate family engagement into a school’s curricula, instruction, and assessment
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with families that enable two-way communication and collaboration
- Develop home and school partnerships focused on student grade-level learning goals
- Equip families with tools, skills, and strategies to support home-based learning
- Facilitate APTT meetings with families that are engaging, inspirational, and dynamic
- Build community and create a school culture that honors families as partners
- Help families feel empowered to support their children’s grade-level learning goals
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
Who Will Benefit
- Family and Community Engagement
- Title I
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Special Education
- Early Childhood
- Early Literacy
School Leaders and Staff
- School Leadership Team
- PreK–12 Teachers
- Instructional Coaches
- Counselors and Advisors
- Front Office Staff
Family Engagement Services
In collaboration with schools and districts, we develop a tailored approach to our professional learning and technical assistance services that meet the needs of your school community. Our services include:
- APTT professional development, coaching, and technical assistance
- Implementation of trainer of trainers model for APTT (for experienced schools/districts)
- Support for development of districtwide family engagement plans
- Family engagement institutes
- Improvement of home/school compacts
- Parent liaison professional development
- Technical assistance to state education agencies
View these videos created by schools and districts across the nation on APTT in action:
- Anchorage School District (Alaska)
- Cleveland (OH) Metropolitan School District
- Myrtle Tate Elementary School, Las Vegas, NV
- New York City Middle Schools
- Palm Beach County Schools (Florida)
- Stanton School (Washington, DC)
Read these articles on APTT and its impact:
- Empowering Families to Improve Student Learning
(R&D Alert, WestEd)
- The Power of Academic Parent-Teacher Teams
- To Reach Parents, Schools Try Universal Language of Data
Services are customized to fit individual school and district needs and goals. A quote will be provided as part of the service proposal.
For more information about the APTT model of family engagement, please contact WestEd’s Maria Paredes at 480.823.9425 or email@example.com.
Stay up to date with the latest WestEd news, events, research, and leading voices to support your commitment to improving learning, healthy development, and equity in schools and communities.