Making Sense of SCIENCE: Genes & Traits Formative Assessment Task Bank
This collection of assessment tasks is designed to augment an existing curriculum with tasks that encourage students to think and figure things out.
These accessible and interesting tasks go beyond simple recall and promote reasoning, give students a chance to explain their thinking, and ask students to communicate in several modes (e.g., words, drawings).
This task bank, designed for use with students grades 5–12, contains black line masters on a range of concepts related to genetics.
- Facilitator Guide Bundle: Contains the Facilitator Guide, Teacher Book, Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teaching Collaboration, and a digital download that includes all course materials, the eBook edition of Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teacher Collaboration, and the Genes & Traits Formative Assessment Task Bank
- Teacher Book Bundle: Contains the Teacher Book, Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teacher Collaboration, and a digital download that includes all course handouts, additional classroom resources, the eBook edition of Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teacher Collaboration, and the Genes & Traits Formative Assessment Task Bank
- Charts: A set of single-use 24″ x 32″ wall charts that are used by facilitators to anchor discussions and provide a visual archive of teachers’ thinking in the Teacher Course
- Facilitation Academies prepare staff developers, district science leaders, and other teacher educators to effectively lead a Making Sense of SCIENCE Teacher Course.
- Teacher Courses empower teachers to educate students in ways that increase engagement, promote critical thinking and analysis, and ultimately improve achievement.
Visit Making Sense of SCIENCE for more information about our professional development services and resources.
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will begin after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.