Recorded on November 22, 2019
The Writing Framework is an approach to improving literacy outcomes by supporting teachers in developing authentic writing performance tasks, collaboratively analyzing writing data, and implementing targeted instructional supports.
The Framework includes three core elements:
- Restoration of balance between classroom reading and writing
- Advancement of equity in student outcomes through agency and voice
- The addition of valid and actionable student writing data to educator dashboards
Watch this archived webinar to hear how Cascade Union Elementary School District is using this approach to enhance student writing and discourse.
Who Will Benefit
- School and district administrators
- Instructional coaches
- Susan Levenson, School Improvement Facilitator, WestEd
- Matthew Nathan, Senior Director of Development, WestEd
- Representatives from Cascade Union Elementary School District